Saturday, April 29, 2006

Friday (Student Loan)


Friday
Over the length of his term as chancellor of the University of Maine System, Joseph Westphal has earned a salary of more than $800,000, plus benefits. Now he is retiring.

Help them help themselves
Here are some tactics parents can use to help themselves and their children financially at any age, if need be:

Prompt grown kids to tighten their belts
Most parents make sure their kids know what they need to about sex by the time they're 20. But money management?

Look who's whipping out the credit card: high schoolers
Chelsea Paine isn't sure about the interest rate or the credit limit on her Visa. "Maybe $15,000? I could buy a car with this thing! " The Shorecrest High...

Dear top tax bracket,
The other day I was reading the newspaper while I enjoyed my Top Ramen noodles, and I saw that you are retaining an average of $500,000 a year because of President Bushs investment tax cuts.

No comments: