Sunday, April 30, 2006

Student Loan - Nasdaq Falls on Microsoft; U.S. Stocks End Week Little Changed


Nasdaq Falls on Microsoft; U.S. Stocks End Week Little Changed
April 28 (Bloomberg) -- The Nasdaq Composite Index dropped the most in two weeks after a profit forecast from Microsoft Corp. fell short of analysts' estimates. Gains among bank and energy shares left the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the Standard & Poor's 500 Index little changed for the week.

Byron Moore: Control the cash flow, build wealth
Question: I am nearly 30 years old. I am still paying off student loans, two car notes and some credit card debt. However, I think I have enough money to put towards investments. I am wondering whether I should buy individual stocks or a mutual fund. Which would you advise?

Consider Consolidating Loans Soon
My undergrad loans were consolidated in 2001 at 8.6%. I have new loans for graduate school -- about $6,000. Should I reconsolidate now?

DVD Review: Shopgirl (2005)
Any movie that pits the average and not so successful guy against the rich and attractive guy usually concludes with a clich -filled fantasy ending. Steve Martin takes every girl's fantasy of finding that tall, dark and successful man who can sweep her off to a happy ending, and shows the harsh realities of what could go wrong. The Beatles said it best. All you need is... Shopgirl is

Young People Not Financially Prepared, says Blue Financial
Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) April 30, 2006 -- A recent survey of MetLife clients and employers found that 40 percent of workers ages 21 to 30 had not begun to save for retirement -- and many young adults have little clue how to even begin doing so.

No comments: